What Are The Benefits of Liposuction?
Have you ever considered body contouring help with liposuction? This surgical contouring technique can help both women and men redefine the way they look and feel. After efforts of regular exercise and a healthy diet are no longer offering the desired results, individuals can turn to this fat removal surgery to further contour areas, like the stomach, thighs, hips, back, and various other target zones.
Rao Plastic & Hand Surgery in Tucson, AZ is a premier facility that offers surgical and nonsurgical body contouring procedures. Dr. Arun Rao is a board-certified plastic surgeon who believes in fully understanding what each patient needs and listening to their concerns about their body. Liposuction is one of the numerous cosmetic options his practice offers. To learn more about this cosmetic procedure, we invite you to contact Rao Plastic & Hand Surgery today to schedule a consultation.
What happens during liposuction treatment?
At an accredited surgical facility, Dr. Rao utilizes a tumescent liposuction method performed under general anesthesia. The tumescent fluid is injected into the treatment areas, which expand to help facilitate the fat removal process and reduce any bleeding. With gentle, controlled movements, Dr. Rao uses a cannula, or thin tube, inserted through small incisions to extract fat and gradually recontour the target site. This fat removal surgery can take between 1 – 4 hours, depending on the size and number of areas being treated.
Who is the right candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction is not a substitute for a healthy lifestyle or a weight loss solution. It is body contouring surgery that is highly effective at reducing fat and accommodating each patient's need for a slimmer, more fit appearance. Every patient will have their own aesthetic goals and the ideal image they want to achieve. For optimal results, candidates should be:
- Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have good skin laxity and muscle tone
- Healthy, nonsmoking individuals who don't have pre-existing medical conditions or a life-threatening illness that could impair the healing process
- Patients who have realistic goals in mind for this type of body contouring procedure
Liposuction: What are the benefits?
Liposuction is one of the most common plastic surgeries performed for both women and men. It is not necessarily to help Tucson, AZ adults reduce their body weight or remove cellulite, but is instead a procedure that can reshape certain areas or troublesome spots that haven't responded to diet and exercise. While this fat removal surgery is not a weight-loss tool, it does have other benefits, such as:
1. The effects of liposuction are long-lasting as long as patients maintain their ideal weight.
2. It is a versatile cosmetic tool that can reshape and contour a wide range of areas on the body, and even treat more than one target site at the same time.
3. Liposuction can help with medical issues, like helping to remove lipomas or benign fatty tumors. It can also help men suffering from gynecomastia, which is a medical condition that causes men to develop excessive amounts of fatty breast tissue.
4. After liposuction treatments, patients are often influenced to continue with good dietary habits and regular exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
5. It is a fat removal surgery that can bring a harmonious balance to a patient's body if they are struggling with disproportionate areas, such as the hips or thighs.
6. In a few weeks, the initial swelling will start to subside, and patients can begin to enjoy their new enhancement while feeling better about how they look.
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that is safe and effective when performed by a qualified, experienced surgeon. In most cases, patients carry excess fat in more than one area. After a thorough one-on-one consultation with Dr. Rao, he will listen to his patient's aesthetic needs and determine if more than one target area can be treated at the same time. He will consider important factors, like the location of excess fat, the patient's body type, and the overall aesthetic goal to give each person optimal results.
Liposuction is an effective body contouring procedure that can be customized to accommodate almost every patient's cosmetic needs. It is a transformative procedure that can redefine different areas of the body and can be tailored to your specific needs to help you feel more confident about your appearance. If you have maintained your ideal weight for more than six months and need fat removal surgery to eliminate troublesome spots, then we invite you to call Rao Plastic & Hand Surgery in Tucson, AZ. Let board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Arun Rao and his excellent team help you have the body you always wanted. Call today and schedule your liposuction consultation.